[Tuglist] LaTex to pdf

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tuglist@tug.org.in
Fri, 3 May 2002 19:21:24 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I am very sorry for my previous mail to the list.

I had mentioned in that mail that I managed to get a
nice pdf file on conversion with the commands `dvips
-Pcm foo.dvi -o foo.ps' and then `ps2pdf foo.ps
foo.pdf'.

On a personal mail to me, Mr.K.N. Manoj pointed out an
error on such a conversion. The letter `f' is missing
out in the final .pdf file! And on further
experimentation, I found out that font `Arial' in my
figures is also not a culprit.

I had tried out the method CVR suggested.
But, even after making my config.cms with bsr.map in
it, I am not getting  the `type 1 fonts' on conversion
with dvips -Pcms. I do not know whether I am missing
out anything trivial as I am new to LaTex.

With best regards,

Dileep

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html