[Tuglist] multiline comment in LaTeX

Manoj K N tuglist@tug.org.in
Fri, 3 May 2002 12:28:29 +0530 (IST)

On Fri May  3 02:45:13 2002, M K Saravanan wrote:

> Quite often for testing purpose i need to comment some part of my LaTeX
> document which are multilines.  Other than inserting % at the beginning
> of each line, is there any other way for commenting multilines?

You can use the package ifthen.sty as below.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{ifthen}
\begin{document}
\newboolean{comment}\setboolean{comment}{true}
\ifthenelse{\boolean{comment}}{foo}{bar}
\end{document}

Your dvi file will have `foo'. You can change the value of comment to
`false' to have `bar' printed instead. For help on ifthen.sty, do

$texdoc ifthen.sty

With regards,
Manoj

--