[Tuglist] Calculation in table

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 2 May 2002 17:08:12 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 2 May 2002 at 16:48, H.S.Rai wrote:

   After joining this list I found a lot features of LaTex, which
   further raises expectation from this wonderful package ( list
   members as well ).

   Is it possible to have calculation in tabular form. Some thing
   like math formula in cell of tables.

It should be possible if you work on it, because TeX is a language.
There are certain packages that can help you like calc and one
another package (I forgot the name) which helps floating point
arithmatic in TeX.

By the way, Anilkumar <anil@linuxense.com> and myself jointly make a
presentation at TUG 2002 namely "TeX and Databases" where you can
make TeX to connect to an RDBMS like PostgreSQL, retrieve the data,
manipulate and format just as you do with your document or tabular
data. It allows to make any sort of calculation with your data in
the tables of your RDBMS.

We haven't published the package so far, but will be available under
GNU GPL as soon as TUG 2002 is concluded.

Join us during TUG 2002.