[Tuglist] Chemistry Packages [was: Need a conversion program]

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 14:35:29 +0530 (IST)

On 23 Mar 2002 at 08:22, ashok kumar khanda wrote:

   I am using the fptex. I have a problem. How I can use the
   chemistry formulas in latex. pl. give the details sty of the sty
   files where i may get it and the procedure to draw the chemical
   structure like benze structure etc.

1. XyMTeX system which the following independent packages:

   chemstr ==> basic typesetting commands for atoms and bonds
   aliphat ==> aliphatic compounds
   carom   ==> vertical and horizontal carbocyclic compounds
   ccycle  ==> bicyclic compounds, etc
   lowcycle==> carbocyle with five members or fewer
   hcycle  ==> pyranose and furanose derivatives
   hetarom ==> vertical hertocyclic compounds
   hetaromh==> horizontal heterocyclic compounds

These packages can be loaded with \usepackge command individually or
collectively.

2. ppchTeX ==> works with both plain TeX and LaTeX

It should be available in your fpTeX system or you can download from
any of the mirrors of CTAN.

And lastly a little bit of administrative trash.

While posting to the list, please take care of the following:

1. Please dont append the previous post, instead delete all those
lines which are irrelevant to your current post, and quote the
appropriate portion only in your post.

2. Always post a fresh mail to the list if what you want to intend
to querry doesn't relate to the previous posts instead of
continuting the previous post with an entirely different theme. That
means, please open a new thread. If not, the archives of this list
will not have the right collection threadwise.

I earnestly hope that you as an educated person will oblige to the
above.