[Tuglist] missfont [was] ps->pdf

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 14:15:25 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 at 13:53, H.S.Rai wrote:

   I find that best option is converting eps files to pdf and then
   using pdfLaTex.

Obviously, the easiest and elegant way.

   The pdf file generated from ps using ps2pdf ( both with or
   without '-Ppdf' while 'dvips' ) results in same poor screen
   quality. ( or I am missing some option ).

But this should work. This is an alternative way of generating pdf.
Mostly the dvips configuration is not conducive to generate the
right kind of postscript with type1 fonts embedded. The problem is
that the postscript generated has only rasterized fonts which when
distilled with ghostscript can result only in ugly looking pdf.

If you can privately send me the dvi and postscript of one page of
your document privately, I can debug, find the exact problem and fix
it easily.