[Tuglist] Regarding figures

Dr. A. Ramakalyan, ICE/RECT tuglist@tug.org.in
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:56:09 IST+530

Many thanks for the suggestions I received.
I am 100% for installing Linux in my PC.  But, my institution runs
on windows NT.  So, I cannot be isolated from the sheep herd at least
for some more time.

Ramakalyan
> On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 at 09:42, Dr. A. Ramakalyan, ICE/RECT wrote:
>
>    I have been using Tex for quite some time both in UNIX and DOS
>    platforms.  My work has lots of eqns. for which I am blessed with
>    Tex. I also have lots of "block diagrams" which are a cake walk
>    using xfig in Unix.  But I am totally deprived of any such
>    facility on my PC.  Any suggestions on good (perhaps free)
>    software for my MS windows PC that does exactly the same job as
>    xfig?
>
> There is something called texcad in emTeX implementation. This is
> not as rich as xfig, but you have atleast something that helps to
> save your graphics as LaTeX picture environment. You can reload and
> edit the files too.
>
> By the way, PCs can now have Unix (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris,
> etc), why dont you consider installing Unix or any of its clones in
> your PC?
Dr. Ramakalyan Ayyagari                     Residence:
Dept. of Instr. & Control Engg.,            #8, 8th Street
Regional Engg. College Tiruchi              REC Campus
TIRUCHI  620 015 INDIA                      TIRUCHI 620 015 INDIA
Email:  rkalyn@rect.ernet.in                Tel: +91 - 431 - 500 706
Tel:    +91 - 431 - 500 281 extn. 2502(O)
                            extn. 3859(R)
Fax:    +91 - 431 - 500 133