[Tuglist] Regarding figures

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:30:32 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 at 09:42, Dr. A. Ramakalyan, ICE/RECT wrote:

   I have been using Tex for quite some time both in UNIX and DOS
   platforms.  My work has lots of eqns. for which I am blessed with
   Tex. I also have lots of "block diagrams" which are a cake walk
   using xfig in Unix.  But I am totally deprived of any such
   facility on my PC.  Any suggestions on good (perhaps free)
   software for my MS windows PC that does exactly the same job as
   xfig?

There is something called texcad in emTeX implementation. This is
not as rich as xfig, but you have atleast something that helps to
save your graphics as LaTeX picture environment. You can reload and
edit the files too.

By the way, PCs can now have Unix (GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris,
etc), why dont you consider installing Unix or any of its clones in
your PC?