[Tuglist] Package for syntax highlighting

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 15:39:17 +0530 (IST)

On 2 Mar 2002 at 07:02, mk  nas wrote:

   The problem is:

   The printing starts only from the middle of the paper and I am
   getting only 12 letters of the title line in the sheet. The
   successive lines are also printed likewise. In this manner only
   about 12 lines are printed on a page.

I could replicate your problem when I overrode the dvi magnification
by 2400 (that is the unit of magnification I provided, the default
being 1000) when I generated the postscript for printing with dvips.

It has the first 12 characters only in the first line exactly as you
told and the page has roughly twelve lines. Therefore, it becomes
obvious that your TeX implementation has been configured to override
the dvi magnification by 2400 while printing.

Sadly, enough no information is available about your TeX
implementation (like web2c, cMacTeX, Textures, Y&Y TeX, MikTeX,
emTeX, etc)  in your mail. If you're a Win32 user, someone from the
list has to help, I dont know anything about Win32 implementations.

If you read the documentation of your system, you will surely get
the clue to correct the setup.

Alternatively, you can run pdflatex over your file so that it will
directly write a pdf output, which will not pose any magnification
problems. You can open in Acrobat, view and print your document.