[Tuglist] PDF Figure and pdfscreen.sty

Manoj Kummini tuglist@tug.org.in
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:05:28 +0530

Dear All,

Dileep writes as below of a problem that he has been facing with a PDF
figure that he wants to have inserted in a slide.

My comments:

Dileep sent me the .eps and the .pdf files. I can view the PDF file
properly in acroread and gv, but when I include it in a slide I get a
photographic negative of the figure, with some distortion. Here is how I
included it.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[screen,nopanel]{pdfscreen}
\margins{1in}{1in}{1in}{1in}
\screensize{6.25in}{8in}
\bottombuttons
\notesname{Notes:}
\makeatletter
\def\@captype{figure}
\makeatother
\begin{document}

\begin{slide}
\includegraphics{paperfacs.pdf}
\caption{Dileep's figure}
\end{slide}
\end{document}

Then I tried converting the eps file to PDF with epstopdf, which failed
with an error `Broken Pipe'.

I tried converting the eps file to PDF with the following line:
gs -q -dNOPAUSE -c quit -sOutputFile=paperfacs.pdf -sDEVICE=pdfwrite
paperfacs.eps

This gave a pdf file which when included in the above TeX document gave a
slide with a cropped version of the image, which was expected because the
above line gives a US letter size PDF page.

Is it possible that a PDF file which acroread and gv can display properly
gives a distorted image when included in a slide with pdfscreen?

Thanks.

Manoj.

----- Forwarded message from Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri <dileep_pv@yahoo.com> -----