[Tuglist] Breaking a line

Nagesh Kini tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:22:33 +0100 (BST)

Respected members of the list,

 This is not directly related to latex.

 I use vi for writing latex input files. When there is
a loong line which appears on the screen to have
spread over several lines it is not possible to move
across and down the apparent paragraphs (which is in
fact one single line) using "j" and "k". I have to use
"h" and "l" which is a tedious process.

  Earlier when I was working on a redhat 6.0 machine a
pair of slashes "\\" at the end of the apparent
paragraph used to spilt the line to many single lines
depending on the width of the screen. Now I am on a
WOWlinux machine. This option is not there. Could you
please help me?

-Dr.N.S.Kini

Want to sell your car? advertise on Yahoo Autos Classifieds. It's Free!!
       visit http://in.autos.yahoo.com