[Tuglist] Environment slide in pdfscreen.sty

Manoj K N tuglist@tug.org.in
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:08:26 +0530

Dear David and CVR,

I knew what \makeatletter and \makeatother do, but was doing some
experiments. My main concern was not LaTeX failing to understand the \def
command, but why the first error I got was about c@\@captype being not
defined. Reading latex.ltx, I felt that it should have been about the
counter \@captype not being defined. Perhaps my understanding of the
sequence of operations of \caption which I got reading latex.ltx is only
partially correct.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:14:48PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> Manoj K N <knm@india.ti.com> writes:

> > Do you mean that there is a macro \@ with a mandatory argument already
> > defined in TeX, or is it my \def statement that defines it?
>
> There is an argumentless macro \@ defined in _LaTeX_, and your \def
> replaces it with a different definition with a mandatory argument.

Thanks, I did not know that.

> If you insist on ignoring my explanations, you might also find this
> explained in the UKTUG FAQ, under the heading

My apologies, if my message gave you that impression.

With regards,
Manoj.

--
Manoj K N,