[Tuglist] Changing class file

Dileep Padinjarae Vengasseri tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:03:38 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

Sorry for not writing to the list. I am not an expert
in latex. Whenever  I have installed a package the
following sequence has worked fine.

As far as I understood, texhash update the file ls-R
in ones /usr/share/texmf  directory.

cd /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex

mkdir achemso # package is achemso; and so I put
achemso.sty in this directory#

put the style file here

cd /usr/share/texmf

texhash

I hope this will work. Since I have worked only in my
machine, I do not have much idea whether the path and
all are the same in all the versions. You can
basically check for ls-R in your directory.

The above sequence is suggested by one of my friend
when I was facing the same problem as yours.

with best regards,

Dileep

--- "Dr. Dinesh Karia" <dineshjk@earth.planet.net.in>
wrote: > Oh dear Thanks for your prompt reply. No
sooner did