[Tuglist] amsmath error in MIKTEX

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil tuglist@tug.org.in
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 12:27:18 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
	Has any body used the dos version of tex alias MIKTEX? I get the
follwing error while recompiling a tex file that was compiling ok in
linux. None of the math formulas are visible. There seems to be some
problem in the amsfonts.sty and amssymb.sty. I downloaded these files from
the MIKTX site and put in the amsmath directory and upgraded the path. The
problem still persisits. Please help.
regards
Baburaj.

the error follows:

(d:\MiKTeX\tex\latex\amsmath\amssymb.sty
Package: amssymb 2002/01/22 v2.2d
) (conv.aux)

! Font OMX/cmex/m/n/7=cmex7 at 7.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not
found.
<to be read again>
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+lasy on input line
22.
(d:\MiKTeX\tex\latex\base\ulasy.fd
File: ulasy.fd 1998/08/17 v2.2eLaTeX symbol font definitions
)
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+msa on input line
22.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file Umsa.fd. on input line 22.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/msa/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `U/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 22.

LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for U+msb on input line
22.
LaTeX Font Info:    No file Umsb.fd. on input line 22.

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `U/msb/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `U/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 22.

LaTeX Warning: No \author given.

! Math formula deleted: Insufficient extension fonts.
\endtabular ->\crcr \egroup \egroup $
                                     \egroup
l.22 \maketitle

Sorry, but I can't typeset math unless \textfont 3
and \scriptfont 3 and \scriptscriptfont 3 have all
the \fontdimen values needed in math extension fonts.

l.31 ... the stability parameter Ra=$\frac
                                          {g\beta_s\Delta C h^3}{\nu ...
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                         Ph: 91 080 3092624
Ph: 91 080 3092302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj@rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu