[Tuglist] Package for syntax highlighting

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:08:06 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 at 07:21, Satish Annigeri wrote:

   I intend to include C/C++ source code within my document. Is it

Amazing coincidence, I am talking to Andreas on the very same
subject.

   possible to the syntax of the included source code (such as
   making the keywords bold etc). Is there a package available for
   this? It would even be better if it could pretty print the source
   code (Is it asking for too much?).

It is available, I dont know whether you can make use of these
programs. lgrind and src2tex are GNU/Linux programs that accomplish
your goals painlessly. I guess you're a windows user (revealed by
your mail header). Can you grab the sources from Debian Linux site
and recompile for your OS?

lgrind and src2tex convert a variety of program sources to a tex
file that you can include in your TeX document. See an example
document at:

  http://www.tug.org.in/download/syntax.pdf

which is generated by lgrind, pdfscreen and a slightly hacked
version of lgrind.sty to colorize the sources.

Is it not worth trying to recompile lgrind in your OS? Or else throw
your windows box and switch to GNU/Linux, life would be much much
easier then.