[Tuglist] Doubts

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:57:18 +0530 (IST)

On 27 Feb 2002 at 06:40, mk  nas wrote:

   I	 ADJUSTING THE LINE SPACING IN AN ARTICLE

   I could not get the output in double/one and half spacing . I
   have used the \usepackage{setspace} and \doublespacing in the
   preamble of a document of the article Type. On running LATEX I am
   getting the following

   		Package : ‘Setspace’ 6.6 <2000/03/03>
   		!Text line contains an invalid character.
   		1.421… \csname p@footnote\endcsname\@the fnn”^^@,,!^^@......
   		?

Your setspace.sty is corrupted, grab a copy from the nearest CTAN.

   II	 ADJUSTING THE FONT SIZE OF PRINTED OUTPUT IN AN ARTICLE

   Earlier I was getting printed output in the normal size with 11pt
   option. Now the printout of the same file I am getting with very
   large letters, how can this be brought back to the normal size.
   Please note that the letter size specified in the document class
   is still 11pt itself.

This seems to relate to your dvi viewer/dvips/print configuration
(Are you a Windows user?). Probably, you might have unknowingly
increased the magnification to override that of the dvi in the
settings.

Could you send me a test file privately, I can test it in my system
and debug.