[Tugindia] Installing itrans and Devanagari fonts in Linux

Amitabh Trehan tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 21:28:01 +0530

On Monday 23 Dec 2002 10:11 am, S. venkataraman wrote:
> process of installing the devanagari fonts and using them with
> > latex/pdflatex under Linux. Can anyone give me pointers/references to

 The way Venkat has explained is the proper way to go. Just one more thing,
for getting devnag to work with pdf , download the devanagari/contrib
directory also (you must have downloaded distrib which houses the devnag
package) - follow the instructions i.e. copy the pfb font files and make
entries to the file called psfonts.map , and the fonts will be available for
pdf also.

Amitabh