[Tugindia] PStricks

David Kastrup tugindia@tug.org
19 Dec 2002 12:25:18 +0100

There is little sense into reverting a subject of interest to private
Email from the list.  In particular if you have configured your mail
system to bounce messages sent to you.  So back to the list:

  prabirgd@icmam.tn.nic.in
    SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<David.Kastrup@t-online.de> SIZE=3424:
    host vastu.nic.in [164.100.17.17]: 553 5.3.0 <David.Kastrup@t-online.de>... blocked

"ICM" <prabirgd@icmam.tn.nic.in> writes:

> Thank you David for your kind response. So far I have only one response !
> Could you please let me know where
> from I get the documentation of PStricks ? I have a small file which was
> sent by somebody to me.. I have to produce
> similar kind of maps. If you have time & allow me I can send you for your
> further suggestions. In that case you will
> have some idea about the kind of output required by me.

PStricks comes with documentation.  There is a site devoted to it at
<URL:http://www.tug.org/applications/PSTricks/>, too.

One thing to be noted is that the documentation has been left in a
state of incompleteness: there are two volumes of "beta"
documentation documenting new features, and there are 4 volumes of
"obsolete" documentation documenting features that existed before
that.  Those documentations have never been merged, so this is a bit
inconvenient.

> - For pictex documentation what would be the prospective places I
> can start a search for...

As I said: pictex documentation is proprietary.  The manual must be
bought, and I don't even know whether it is still in print.