[Tugindia] Re: First impression of "devnag"

H S Rai tugindia@tug.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:23:50 +0530 (IST)

Yesterday at 12:53pm +0530 Raj Singh wrote:

>   I found  that the  matras (for  i, I, e,  E, o,  O, au,  ...) were
>   better placed using devnag than using Hindi fonts under MS-Word.

Great!!

>   > "Hardeep Singh Rai" will be written in tex as "hrdFp Es\2G rAy"
>
>   haradIp si.mh raay using devnag seems to be printing fine here.

It did  not worked  for me. It  was almost correct,  but not  100%, It
produced following in TeX file:

 hrdF\qq{p} Es\2\qq{h} rA\qq{y}

i.e. \qq was extra in all three words.

--
H.S.Rai

Q:      How did you get into artificial intelligence?
A:      Seemed logical -- I didn't have any real intelligence.