[Tugindia] First impression of "devnag"

Nikhil Joshi tugindia@tug.org
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:03:02 +0530 (IST)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, H S Rai wrote:

> what you want using preprocessor. Rather it is easier to type directly
> in tex file and no need to use pre-processor.

Hi!

Out of curiosity I too installed devnagiri pacakage and i was very much
impressed with it. I mean I am a novice of tex ( its hardly a week since
I've been using it :) ) and tell you what i've sent few mails using it in
Marathi (my mother tongue)

Its a wonderful experience when you can express yourself in your own
mother tongue. Also I feel that typing Marathi in English is not much of a
bother after you get used to it.

There's a package called I-leap by CDAC but its commercial. I never
thought I would be able to express myself in Marathi until I found
devnagiri :)

Regards
Nikhil