[Tugindia] First impression of "devnag"

Sumit Bhardwaj tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:45:23 +0530

Hi
I don't know about others but I, Prof. Wagish Shukla and Amitabh Trehan use
devnag a lot and find it to be the best we can have. And in fact, I strongly
believe that phonetic based entry is a practical way to get things done
because since I speak five languages (3 scripts), I am not going to get 3
keyboards.

Anyhow, I think "Sumit Bhardwaj" would be written as "sumIta bhAradvAja" with
sanskrit mode in devnag  and "Hardeep Singh Rai" as "haradIpa siMha rAya".

You can get some consolation by the fact that devnag like tex has a learning
curve and thus would take time.

Regards
Sumit

--
I am home from 12/18 18:00 IST to 01/06 18:00 IST. Please limit all electronic
communication to the bare minimum during this period.