[Tugindia] Hi.. Want to have the following in subsubsection

David Kastrup tugindia@tug.org
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 17:08:08 +0100

H S Rai <hsraidce@iitr.ernet.in> writes:

> Today at 6:01pm +0530 A.Muthugopalakrishnan wrote:
>
> >   I  want to  put  the  following in  a  \subsubsection,  and I  get
> >   different characters  (inverted question  marks etc) for  the '>',
> >   '<' and '|' characters, running pdflatex in Linux.
>
> This is not a problem to put in \subsection only. In this way, you can
> not put  any where. These are  "special" chracters and  demand special
> treatment. Use in math mode i.e. with in $$, like:
>
> $>$ some text $<$ then more text $|$
>
> It is good to go through tutorial (online also available) and FAQ.

You'd better use \textless and \textgreater.  Or you can just specify
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
and have those characters available just by typing <>.

Or maybe you rather want $\langle$ and $\rangle$.