[Tugindia] Error while previewing.

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil tugindia@tug.org
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 22:25:21 +0530 (IST)

Dear Kastrup,

On 6 Dec 2002, David Kastrup wrote:

> (URL:http://www.xemacs.org/Download/win32/) or mirrors that I am
> surprised you should not be able to find it even after being told
> your Emacs is outdated.

	Sorry about that. I have now upgraded to XEmacs21.4.10. Ran the
configure with the XEmacs path as you suggested, after deleting the GS
check lines from configure.ini, as below

$ configure --with-xemacs="c:/XEmacs/XEmacs-21.4.10/i586-pc-win32/xemacs.exe"

The same error as earlier is encountered as shown below.

checking for install-info... /bin/true
checking for gs... NONE
configure: error: gs not found!  Aborting!
You must install Ghostscript for preview to work.

Seems like deleting that two lines from configure.ini doesnt help. There
is a whole paragraph in configure, checking for GS, lines 1897 to 1943.
Should I delete that too and run configure?

	Could you enlighten me as to what this link is supposed to do? Do
you mean to say that a link(shortcut in windows slang) to gswin32.exe by
the name gs would do the trick? If you could tell me what the function of
this link I may be able to figure out what to do. If its easy that might
be better to do that fudging the configure file.

> M-x load-library RET preview RET
> M-x customize-variable RET preview-gs-command RET
> enter your GhostScript executable name and Save for Future Sessions.

	If understand properly, this is all if the configure skips over
the GS check...which is not happening now.

> But I would rather make sure that you can call GhostScript just by
> saying gs: this could save you trouble with other packages and
> upgrades later on.

	I will see how that is done in windows, as of now I dont know.
Maybe copy gswin32.exe to gs.exe!?

> By the way: the bug reporting address for preview-latex is, as
> mentioned in the docs, preview-latex-bugs@lists.sourceforge.net.
> Once you have installed a basic set,
> M-x load-library RET preview RET
> M-x preview-report-bug RET
> can be used for submitting bug reports.

	I thought  you are asking me to write to that address... and
had hence written there maybe two days back.
with regards
Baburaj
Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                  Ph: 91 080 3942624,3942591,3600265
Ph: 91 080 3942302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj@rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu