[Tuglist] front-end to latex

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil tuglist@tug.org.in
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 10:21:41 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, H.S.Rai wrote:

> Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 08:34:28 +0530 (IST)
> From: H.S.Rai <hsraidce@iitr.ernet.in>
> To: tuglist@tug.org.in
> Subject: Re: [Tuglist] front-end to latex
>
> Yesterday at 2:35pm +0530 Kamala wrote:
>
> >    get a pull down menu  called lisp in xemacs. But I
> >    am  still  unsuccessful  in  previewing  my  latex
> >    files! Also while  installing I have  disabled the
> >    8bit
>
> On my setup, when I run  xEmacs, and open any tex file,
> it give "preview" tab in menu bar.

Does this preview work with an old XEmacs version 20.4. I read in the down
load site as below:

At the current point of time, at least GNU Emacs-21.1 under the
X window system, AUC TeX(11.11 recommended, see below), a working LaTeX
installation and GhostScript are required.  This version also supports
XEmacs-21.  For best results, at least version 21.4.9 is recommended since
it incorporates several fixes necessary for proper operation of
preview-latex.

I am forced to use XEmacs20.4 at the computer center here as a TeX
unfriendly administrator has flatly refused to upgrade it upon my
request!! Emacs has many enemies,maybe gvim lobby!! But AUC Tex and REF
TEX are seen in the customise menu of this version.
bye
regards
Baburaj

Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                         Ph: 91 080 3092624
Ph: 91 080 3092302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj@rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu