[Tuglist] front-end to latex

Baburaj A. Puthenveettil tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:20:45 +0530 (IST)

On 22 Aug 2002, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

Hi,

> I too join you Sridhar. With my emacs, auctex and reftex setup, it
> goes pretty well rather than depending on menus and mouse clicks to
> insert a symbol. If at all I need a preview like or WYSIWYG
> appearance, I will go for David Kastrup's preview latex which does the
> wonderful job of showing the previews instantaneously within emacs
> without wasting the screen estate. In essence Emacs have the
> facilities of the most powerful editor and advantages of previews.

Dear CVR,
Could you please elaborate what is auctex and reftex setup as well as how
to use the preview latex in emacs. Currently I am using gvim and is
wasting quite a bit of time compiling each time I edit the tex file and
seeing the dvi file. Does gvim has that facility?, if so I dont have to
shift to emacs from gvim
regards
Baburaj
Baburaj A.Puthenveettil,
Office:                                       Current Residence:
F.M.Lab, Dept of Mech Engg,                     U68, IISc
IISc, Bangalore, 560012                         Ph: 91 080 3092624
Ph: 91 080 3092302
Fax: 91 080 3600648
email: apbabu@mecheng.iisc.ernet.in, apbraj@rediffmail.com
http://www.mecheng.iisc.ernet.in/~apbabu