[Tuglist] need info for my talk at TUG2002

Ajit Ranade tuglist@tug.org.in
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:58:25 +0530 (IST)

Friends,

I am giving a talk on TeX in India during TUG2002. Hope to see many of you
there.

I want to be sure that in my talk, I do not miss reporting on out on any
major developments or usage. Tug-india started only recently, hence it is
conceivable that there is plenty of TeX-in-India related stuff that is not
widely known, or has not been subsumed in tug-india.

I want to request the list members, or their friends to send me info or
pointers on two specific aspects:

(a) places where TeX is being used as a "full production" system. (some
prominent publishers and universities are obvious examples, about which
there is some info. but unusual, innovative examples would be welcome.)
info about the use of indic-tex for full production purposes is even more
welcome.  from some of these examples, i would like to present a detailed
case study.

(b) info about TeX development work. either adapted to Indian conditions,
or simply originating from India. here i am refering to work on macros or
packages, which may or may not have been yet contributed to the CTAN
archive.

Thanks in advance,

Ajit Ranade.
Chief Economist