[Tuglist] Reply To address

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
17 Aug 2002 09:48:37 +0530

    Rai> Today at 9:31am +0530 Radhakrishnan CV wrote:

    >> Something has screwed up the TUGIndia mail server ever since
    >> its IP change recently.

    Rai> Even I guess this server remain down a number of times ( and
    Rai> perhaps yesterday it also remained down for a period more
    Rai> than 6 hours ).

That is due to the highly unreliable power situation here, even UPS
gets drained.

    Rai> And IMO, this list deserve a very reliable server of type
    Rai> 24*7*365, but how to do, you are the right man to decide and
    Rai> person like me can wish only.

OK. I will talk to Rajkumar <raj@linuxense.com> whether he can host
this list in their US server. But he too is preoccupied with TUG2002
at the moment.

    Rai> All the best for conference. Yes, you all may be over busy,
    Rai> but at the same time I believe you can't be short of
    Rai> volunteers.

TUGIndia have 253 members, but all are widely spread all over the
country. The sad aspect is that we don't have more than five or six
active members from Trivandrum who are all very much preoccupied with
the conference. It is improper to expect people from Bangalore or
Chennai to assist during pre-conference days when we have tremendous
quantum of work. I know they will help us when they come for the
conference since several of them have already offered various kind of
help during TUG2002.