[Tuglist] (no subject)

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:19:00 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 at 11:14, S. venkataraman wrote:

   Hi,
      4) Is it a good idea to shift tuglist to yahoo groups? (or should
         it be google?)

      No, we're religious about having out site, lists and all that in
      TUGIndia owned server. By the way, what's the advantage of shifting
       to yahoo or google?

   One advantage is that the list is archived and one can look up
   old postings.

Archives are still available for anyone to peruse if one wants it.
Mailman does the job of archiving the posts automatically.

   It is also possible to have threaded discussions.

One need not go to yahoogroups to have threaded discussion. We need
to install software that permits threaded discussion in our server.
One example might be 'forum' which is an excellent free software
that permits discussion of the kind that you contemplate. No one has
asked for this so far, we will do it now.