[Tuglist] help

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@tug.org.in
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:13:21 +0530 (IST)

On 7 Apr 2002 at 06:07, Asokan  K wrote:

   I have a problem using pdfslide. I compiled the sample file
   provided with TexLive CD, everything is OK, except the math fonts
   which are not created properly. It shows some error like cannot
   create type 1 fonts etc. I was running TexLive *from the CDROM*
   as per instructions in the README of TeXLive.

It is because you dont have lucidabright fonts, please comment out
the `\usepackage{lucidabr}' line from the TeX sources, recompile.
You will get the math correctly.

   what should I do to get pdfslide up and running with my tetex
   distribution shiped with RedHat Linux, apart from copying the
   required style files into my home directory.

1. Become root.

2. Create /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/pdfslide directory.

3. Copy all the pdfslide package and related files to this
   directory.

4. Update the TeX's file database by running texhash from the
   prompt.

That is all.

   Also the \PageDissolve options do not seem to work when I opened
   the sample PDF file in my system.

Have you postprocessed your pdf with Ppower4? If not, download the
Ppower4, a Java program from CTAN and run it. The usage is:

 ppower4 <input.pdf> <output.pdf>

PS: I would recommend you to switch to pdfscreen which has more
facilities than pdfslide. Most of the things in pdfslide are
harwired, no flexibility at all and there is no further development
of pdfslide now.