[Tuglist] first book in devnagari LaTeX

Amitabh Trehan tuglist@gnu.org.in
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 02:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Friends,
 I have the pleasure of telling you that on this 23rd
the first book wholly written in LaTeX in devangari
font ( and prob. the first such book in an Indian
language (pl. correct me on this) ) was launched .
This book is titled 'chhand chhand pe kumkum' ,
written by Dr. Wagish Shukla of IIT Delhi , is a
criticism of a famous poem 'Ram ki shakti Puja' by
Nirala and is around 330 pages thick - everything
except the cover is in LaTeX and free SW i.e. debian
Linux.
 This book has been published jointly by Mahatma
Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya and
Prabhat prakashan.

Amitabh

=====