[Tuglist] Re: FSF-I

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@gnu.org.in
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:22:47 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 21 Oct 2001 at 09:22, Ajay Shah wrote:

   A comment from one of my friends:

   The idea that the _nameservers_ for .in should be within India
   make _no_ sense at all.

When we registered the gnu.org.in and fsf.org.in, NCST insisted for
DNS servers in India itself. So we have the primary name server in
India, but didn't have the secondary name server.

When tugindia.org.in was registered after a few months, NCST allowed
to have primary nameserver in India and secondary anywhere in the
world. So we have the secondary name server for tugindia.org.in
outside India and the site has never become incommunicado.

Recently, NCST allow to have all the name servers anywhere in the
world and we have filed applications to change name server entries
for gnu.org.in and fsf.org.in (with name servers spread across the
world). Hopefully, we will never face this problem again.