[Tuglist] Indic support on tuglist

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@gnu.org.in
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:57:14 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001 at 09:11, Ajit Ranade wrote:

   may i suggest that you add to the list of seven on

   http://tugindia.gnu.org.in/indic.html

   also the names of marathi and hindi? this is just for the sake
   of completeness, although, i am aware that both marathi and
   hindi are covered by the devanagari package. (but isn't
   sanskrit also subsumed by that logic?)

Sure. We will add these.

   this is just so that non-frequent visitors and users become
   aware that those languages (hindi and marathi) also have tex
   support.

Definitely. Many thanks for the suggestion. Mohit is away at the
moment, as soon as he returns we will modify the pages accordingly.

By the way, John Plaice, co-author of Omega (the multilingual
typesetting system and 16 bit extension of TeX) has expressed his
willingness to work with TUGIndia for a longer period during Oct-Dec
this year. If we can mobilize enough funds for his travel from
Sydney to India and back, we can surely finish the problems of
integration of Indic scripts with TeX. TUGIndia can take care of his
stay, food, internal travel, etc. Omega is the best answer for
typesetting documents in Indian languages with TeX.

I have posted his mails yesterday. I would request all the list
members to come out with ideas of generating funds.