[Tuglist] Visit to India

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@gnu.org.in
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:04:28 +0530 (IST)

I would welcome suggestions for making John's visit a great success
in the integration of Indic scripts into Omega. I would be greatful
if any agency(ies) come forward to fund in part/full his visit?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:14:41 +1000
From: John Plaice <plaice@cse.unsw.edu.au>
To: cvr@river-valley.com
Cc: plaice.omega@cse.unsw.edu.au, Yannis Haralambous <yannis@fluxus-virus.com>
Subject: Visit to India

Hello Radhakrishnan,

I am (finally!) answering your email of Fri Aug 25 16:30:58 2000.

I am interested in paying you a visit sometime in the period
October-December of this year.  Do you think that it would be
possible to arrange a visit during this time?

Also, I am considering spending part of my sabbatical in India
to work on Indic scripts sometime in the first half of 2002.
Could you tell me of any academic or research institutes that
are working on such problems and that might be willing to host me?

Finally, you said that it might be possible to get some certificates
from the TeX community in India in support of the Omega project.
If you are able to do that, it would be appreciated.  They can be
sent by fax to John Plaice (+61.2.9385.5770) with hard copy to

            John Plaice
            School of Computer Science and Engineering
            The University of New South Wales
            UNSW SYDNEY NSW 2052
            AUSTRALIA

We are looking forward to having significant support for Indic scripts
sometime next year, as you saw from the email sent earlier today.

Many thanks,

John Plaice