[Tuglist] fonts

Radhakrishnan CV tuglist@mail.gnu.org.in
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 08:28:35 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 5 Aug 2001 at 12:44, S. Nagesh Kini wrote:

   I want to install "ifsym" fonts in my system. I have
   downloaded the following files from CTAN

   ifgeo.gen
   ifsym.gen
   ifsym.ps
   ifsym.sty
   ifsym10.mf
   ifsymb10.mf
   ifsymbi10.mf
   ifsymi10.mf

   How do I install the fonts as a system administrator?

1. create a directory $TEXMF/fonts/sources/public/ifsym
2. copy all the *.mf *.gen to this directory

3. create a directory $TEXMF/tex/latex/ifsym
4. copy all the *sty *.fd to this directory

5. Add the following lines to the file:
   $TEXMF/fontname/special.map:

   ifsym public ifsym
   ifgeo public ifsym
   ifwea public ifsym
   ifclk public ifsym

6. update the TeX file database by running texhash or whatever your
   Tex imprementation provides.

7. create a document:

   \documentclass{article}
   \usepackage[geometry]{ifsym}

   \begin{document}

   \Circle

   \SquareShadowA

   \end{document}

8. Run LaTeX, if everything is fine, you should see a dvi that has a
big circle and a big square shaded with a simple line at bottom and
right of the square.

Hope this helps