[tug-support] ! LaTeX Error: \mathrm allowed only in math mode.

S. YU iku713 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 05:55:19 CEST 2002

Dear TUG-support:
I'm sorry to disturb you. I'm now writting the thesis.
My advisor suggest me to put one  whole chapter
as appendix.  The problem with me is that
if I put the chapter as normal one , it complies well,
if I use the following commands:

\appendix
\chapter{my appendix}
\input{chapte_nine}

The following error came out:
! LaTeX Error: \mathrm allowed only in math mode.

I checked and found that .e.g. \textit{fully connected

neural network}, if I don't use \textit, it works, if
I use,
then the above error comes out.
SO what's the problem?
Thank you for your time!