[tldoc] New strings for translation - ambiguous meaning

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 20 00:35:21 CET 2012

Hi Vladimir,

    "After install, use TeX Live repository for package updates"

I see your point, but still, the updates are downloaded from a CTAN
mirror, even though not from the main part of CTAN.  So if we don't use
the word CTAN, it just create confusion, i.e., people thinking that TL
has its own servers...  How about this wording:

  "After install, get package updates from tlnet on CTAN"

That is the most accurate statement I can think of.

    "Graphics TeX and outline font utilities".

It was the description of the fontutils package and was clearly edited
incorrectly at some point, perhaps by me.  I changed it now to simply
"Graphics and font utilities".

Thanks,
Karl