[tldoc] translation start

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 24 15:12:33 CEST 2008

    > The crucial point is that all paths are relative to the binaries, what
    > is special about TEXMFLOCAL? Am I missing something?

    TEXMFLOCAL is special because it can persist from release to
    release. So one might be tempted to place it somewhere else
    altogether. But that would break the relocatability. Maybe this
    might be rephrased more clearly.

I added some text to this effect in the section that talks about
TEXMFLOCAL.

    In English:
    For both trees, files should be placed in their proper ...

I added this (slightly edited) text to the English doc.

Thanks,
Karl