[tldoc] [tex-live] Broken documentation

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Jan 24 22:28:48 CET 2007

  >> > However, Hartmut added a paragraph (to English live.tex) about
  >> > manpath configuration.  So if any translators still retain
  >> their > insanity, here is the new text: >
  >> http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-doc/source/english/texlive-en/live.tex?r1=3670&r2=3735

  > Sorry also for this late edit, should have done this much earlier.

Some time ago I added two lines about MANPATH and INFOPATH to
common.sh, which is used by install-compr.sh (formerly install-tl.sh):

  [...]
  $skip_systemstuff && echo "System updated successfully."  >&2
  if $have_system; then
    runsetup
    echo
    echo "Add $TEXDIR/texmf/doc/man to MANPATH." >&2
    echo "Add $TEXDIR/texmf/doc/info to INFOPATH." >&2
    echo "Most importantly, add $bindir" >&2
    echo "  to your PATH for current and future sessions." >&2
  [...]

Note that the installer knows where the files are and prints the
actual path.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25