conflict between lineno and amsmath packages in TeXLive 2022? Some environments (like \gather) are already defined

Christopher Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Fri Jan 6 00:45:26 CET 2023

Just had a thought. In what release of TeXLive did this issue first
appear?  I don't think I need the brand-spankin' new TeXLive 2022;
just something more recent than MiKTeX 2.9 from back in the day.
Perhaps I could uninstall TeXLive 2022 and revert to a slightly
earlier version?

Thanks.

--Chris Ryan