Installation issue with TeX Live 2023 on Linux Mint

Yassine Mrabet yassine.mrabet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 00:42:49 CEST 2023

Dear all,

I wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to everyone who helped me out on
this mailing list in debugging my fresh TeX Live 2023 installation.
As expressed in my first post, I had been trying to install the newest
version of TeX Live on another partition, as my root partition was out of
space. I tried numerous things to decipher the origin of the "execution
slowness" issue that I was experiencing, but unfortunately, I was not able
to resolve it. However, thanks to your suggestions, and after
execution of commands in the Norbert message, I was able to generate a pdf.
After generating all formats (taking one night), the output is so huge that
I decided to place it in a repository :
https://github.com/yassineMrabet/texlive2023_outputs
As a result the 'small2e.pdf' was generated after 30 minutes which is not
horrible :D

Anyway, I finally decided to fallback to TeX Live 2021 minimal default and
get my LaTeX environment running again.

Best regards,