[texhax] Two bibliographies in one paper.

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sat Sep 8 22:28:01 CEST 2018

On 08/09/18 11:10, Rolf Turner wrote:[...]
> The first reference section should list the sources cited in the
> paper proper (i.e. in the initial part) and the second reference
> section should list the sources cited by the discussants.  There may
> be some overlap between the two.
>
> After doing some Googling I found out about the biblatex package,
> and thought this might accommodate my needs.  But it doesn't.  For
> one thing, biblatex is incompatible with the *.bst style files used
> by bibtex, and I need to use the Journal's bibliography style,
> specified by anzsj.bst.

biblatex is the normal solution, and because it's all written in LaTeX
code, it's not hard to modify it so that it produces the same format as
anzsj.bst

BUT if you don't feel up to that, stick with plain ol' BiBTeX and
anszj.bst and use the bibunits package which lets you produce multiple
bibliographies (with overlap). There are other packages as well, like
multibib and chapbib, but I haven't used them myself.

You should probably make plans to convert to using biblatex, though, as
the BiBTeX path is now obsolescent.

///Peter