[texhax] Two bibliographies in one paper.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Sat Sep 8 12:10:49 CEST 2018

Greetings,

I am trying to create a template for "discussion papers" for the journal
of which I am Technical Editor.

For such papers the initial part consists of the paper being discussed.
This is followed by the comments made by each of a number of discussants.

I need to produce two "reference sections", one headed "References",
immediately following the initial part of the paper, and another, at the
end of the paper, headed "References in the discussion".  The first
reference section should list the sources cited in the paper proper
(i.e. in the initial part) and the second reference section should list
the sources cited by the discussants.  There may be some overlap between
the two.

After doing some Googling I found out about the biblatex package, and
thought this might accommodate my needs.  But it doesn't.  For one
thing, biblatex is incompatible with the *.bst style files used by
bibtex, and I need to use the Journal's bibliography style, specified by
anzsj.bst.

There may be other issues as well, but the foregoing one brought me to a
shuddering halt.

Can anyone suggest a way by means of which I can achieve my goal?  If
substantial code writing is required --- well that's OK, I guess.
Provided that you can give me a clear and explicit recipe that can be
understood by a Bear of Very Little Brain.

Grateful for any pointers.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--