[texhax] Conversion otf -> tfm

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Sat Aug 18 17:15:38 CEST 2018

Am 18.08.2018 um 13:40 schrieb Rodolfo Medina:
> Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Am 17.08.2018 um 16:31 schrieb Rodolfo Medina:
>>> Does anyone have any experience in converting an .otf metric file to .tfm
>>> format, using the command `otftotfm' from lcdf-typetools linux package?
>>> Examples shown at:
>>>
>>>    https://www.lcdf.org/type/otftotfm.1.html
>>>
>>> I did:
>>>
>>>    $ otftotfm VectoraLTPro-Roman.otf
>>
>> use
>>
>> autoinst VectoraLTPro-Roman.otf
>>
>> and you'll get _all_ files which are needed for TeX/LaTeX
>> autoinst is a wrapper for the LCDF tools
>

> I got the following output...  What now...?

All needed files should be created in /texmf-local/...,
supposing that you have write access.

Now run texhash and then

updmap-sys --enable Map=VectoraLTPro-Roman.map

Now open the the style file VectoraLTPto.sty which should be
in .../texmf-local/tex/latex/VectoraLTPro/
and change the line

\RequirePackage[T1,LY1]{fontenc}

\RequirePackage[T1]{fontenc}

or simply delete it and load fontenc in the LaTeX file.

I had only the LTStd version of Vectora (instead of the Pro) and I can
use the font. My example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{VectoraLTStd}
\begin{document}
	foo bar baz
\end{document}

Fonts:

voss at shania:~$ pdffonts zzz2.pdf
name                       type    encoding  emb sub uni object ID
JPHNGA+VectoraLTStd-Roman  Type 1  Custom    yes yes no       4  0

Herbert