[texhax] undertilde and MiKTeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Oct 28 00:15:22 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-28 at 10:05:51 +1300, Rolf Turner wrote:

 > The journal of which I am Technical Editor provides a document class
 > file which implements the style conventions that papers published in the
 > journal must meet.
 >
 > This document class makes use of the "\undertilde" command.  Apparently
 > there are licensing issues with the undertilde package, and for this
 > reason (I think) my installation of texlive has no undertilde.sty file,
 > but rather a file undertilde.tex.  Explicitly:
 >
 >   /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/genmisc/undertilde.tex
 >
 > For *that* reason the document class file for the journal uses
 >
 >      \input{undertilde}
 >
 > rather than
 >
 >      \usepackage{undertilde}
 >
 > An author contacted me just now saying that he is getting an error
 >
 >      > File `undertilde.tex' not found. \input{undertilde}

Did he install the file in his current working directory or somewhere
else?

If it's installed somewhere else, the filename database (ls-R on
Unix, don't know how it's named under MiKTeX) has to be updated.

Ask him to copy the file to the directory containing his LaTeX files.
This should always work.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25