[texhax] install-tl via script (was Download errors from ftp://tug.org)

Liviu Ionescu ilg at livius.net
Thu Dec 14 15:39:34 CET 2017

> On 14 Dec 2017, at 15:02, Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:
>
> David's install script is suspiciously close to one I wrote ;)

as the saying goes, 'books are written from other books, and software from other software' ;-)

> ... start from minimal and add them on by hand with a long "tlmgr install ..." list. It depends though on the balance of effort versus install size:

yes, that's a reasonable approach, but, as you mentioned, it requires to know what packages are required.

I'll start with scheme-basic + collection-fontsrecommended and try to build my manuals.

unfortunately my personal experience with tex is close to none. what should I expect to happen if some of the manuals refer to tex packages that are not available?

will the build fail, or the manuals will look funny?

assuming the build will fail with some error message, how can I deduce from it what collection I need to add?

regards,

Liviu

p.s. I ran a first build, the OpenOCD manual seems ok.