[texhax] Problem with graphics package

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 22 01:30:07 CEST 2017

I have been trying to figure out how to use the graphics package to clip an image.  The following test file:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphics}

\begin{document}

\[
 \includegraphics*[1in,3in][6in,1in]{adj1.pdf}
\]

\end{document}

led to the following error message:

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> ... at base \Gin at ext  image\GPT at AttrShort
                                                  \ifx \GPT at print \ltx at empty...
l.7  \includegraphics*[1in,3in][6in,1in]{adj1.pdf}

? x
No pages of output.

Since I cannot put in attachments just substitute any convenient graphic.  Incidentally I get the same error whether or not I use the * version.

Any thoughts?

Michael