[texhax] chktex, are it's reports any good?

great123456 at mail.com great123456 at mail.com
Sun Apr 16 02:50:41 CEST 2017

A few days ago I found and ran chtex over my source. Though my source
produces correct results when latex runs it over I did get a surprising
amount of warnings. I have been rather through about reading about
latex, so some things are easy to fix but hard to understand why they are
wrong, the opposite is true for others so please land a hand (I have
removed duplicate warnings).

Thanks,
David

% chktex wms.tex
ChkTeX v1.7.1 - Copyright 1995-96 Jens T. Berger Thielemann.
Compiled with PCRE regex support.

Warning 18 in wms.tex line 36: Use either `` or '' as an alternative to
`"'. Also, several of the WMs advertize "session managment" which should
remember ^

# What is wrong with "?

Warning 13 in wms.tex line 39: Intersentence spacing (`\@') should
perhaps be used.
is managed when restarting the WM. So "session management" means several
things ^

# I'm lost here

Warning 44 in wms.tex line 52: User Regex: -2:Vertical rules in tables
are ugly. \begin{tabular}{l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l}
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

# What is a vertical rule, and how do I avoid it?

Warning 1 in wms.tex line 338: Command terminated with space.
\cleardoublepage
                ^
# Don't all commands end with a space?

Warning 26 in wms.tex line 348: You ought to remove spaces in front of
punctuation.
Your welcome to test it yourself and submit your findings :)
                                                         ^
# How do you make a smiley then?

Warning 9 in wms.tex line 348: `}' expected, found `)'.
Your welcome to test it yourself and submit your findings :)
                                                           ^
Warning 10 in wms.tex line 350: Solo `}' found.
some WMs and not on others.}
                           ^
# If I write something like this (and that too).
# What do I do to not upset chktex?