[texhax] Problems with TeX Live

McMullen, Peter p.mcmullen at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 19 16:33:28 CET 2016

I am having problems with TeX Live, the first of more immediate concern
than the second.

1.  I cannot make `index' work properly.  It will (for instance) produce
a file `.bdx', but makeindex will not process it to give `.bnd'.
The only one that works is `.idx' to `.ind'.  I cannot see what (if
anything) I am doing wrong.  I can get round the problem by changing
`.bdx' to `.idx', processing by makeindex to `.ind' and then
changing back to `.bnd', but clearly this is not the way it should
be done in a multi-indexing program.

2.  I would like to use `epic' and `eepic'.  They seem to be in TeX
Live, but I cannot make them work.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Peter McMullen.