[texhax] Flagging when a \parindent falls at top of page (UNIV: Plain XeTeX)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Aug 29 15:03:30 CEST 2016

Am Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:31:42 +0100 schrieb Philip Taylor:

> And I also agree that there is no way to automatically remove all
> unwanted \parindents in a single pass, but the text on which I am
> currently working is now fully press-ready and I am therefore
> willing to spend a little extra time improving the aesthetics,
> even though I appreciate that it will almost certainly be a
> multi-pass task.

Don't underestimate the extra time. Changing the indent doesn't
affect only one paragraph. It can also affect the page breaking (and
can lead to new widows, change the position of floats etc). Also
although I warned my customer that suppressing the indent should be
the last thing to do they couldn't avoid to change things later as
there is always a last typo.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/