[texhax] \underarc

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:16:17 CEST 2015

Hi to all (La)TeX users!

I want to put a small arc under a letter or a group of letters, like a smile.
I see that `arcs' package can do what I want with the \underarc command; but
don't know how to install and use it with plain TeX instead of LaTeX.  Is it
possibile, and how?  Or maybe is there another different alternative way to
achieve what I want?  With `mathabx' package, using \wideparen, I put a round
accent above a letter, opened below, i.e. the exact contrary of what I want to
do now; and then `mathabx' have the \undergroup command, which though is not
just what I'm looking for.

Thanks indeed for any help,

Rodolfo