[texhax] Semi-bold font looking like MWE font

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Fri Nov 6 13:45:15 CET 2015

 >|Many thanks for that.
 >|But I want to keep the "full bold" of the original font for my headers.
 >|How can I control the useage?

\documentclass{book} %
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{libertine}
\DeclareTextFontCommand{\textsb}{\fontseries{sb}\selectfont}
\begin{document}

\noindent This is normal text.\vspace{3pt}

\noindent \textit{This is normal text in italics} - not strong enough to use for emphasis.\vspace{3pt}

\noindent \textsb{This is semibold text}\vspace{3pt}

\noindent \textbf{This is bold text}\vspace{3pt}

\end{document}